User Tag List

Thread: Call of Duty World at War Suicidal Killstreak

Call of Duty World at War Suicidal Killstreak

User Info Menu

By now, every Call of Duty fan is familiar with every single Killstreak in Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Black Ops. During a panel on the development of both games, developer Treyarch revealed that the former actually had a suicide-themed Killstreak that never made it to the final game.

A Killstreak called Kamikaze, where an AI pilot would crash a plane into the map to cause a fiery explosion, was originally one of the Killstreaks that Treyarch considered adding to World at War. It got up to the point of being prototyped, but even though the one doing the kamikaze maneuver was an AI-controlled pilot, the Killstreak was eventually deemed too controversial and ended up being scrapped.

Black Ops, meanwhile, also had a bit of virtual suicide in its development history. The game's Second Chance perk gives players the option of taking the coward's way out. That option's original animation was pretty direct, with players seen putting a gun under their chin as shown above.

It almost made it to the final game, too, after somebody checked the "No" box on an MPAA questionairre that asked if Black Ops contained any depictions of suicide. The animation was seen by the ratings board, however, and so was pulled out.

I guess all this goes to show is that it's perfectly fine to show a massacre in a Call of Duty game, but putting a gun to your own head and killing yourself is a big no-no. It'll be interesting to know if there were ever any such killstreaks or perks in Modern Warfare 3.

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Call of Duty World at War Suicidal Killstreak

Newsbot reported this.
    .:: DO YOUR PART - Remember to press the Report Button for posts that need moderation. ::.
    .::Forum Rules | List of Demands Part II ::.

Rep :<Current>(230) + <Previous>(207)= <Total>(437)
    AdamAndersen aka Pink Floyd
    [12-03, 18:47] taking it in the ass IS...
    [12-03, 18:47] giving sex to another man isn't exactly gay...
    [12-03, 18:45] ill suck your dick if you suck mine. dealio?

Adam Andersen: I give him a hug every night after we make love.

Rigalic Reign: I too had a sexual encounter with a female in kindergarten
    CoDeX: Don't talk about last week.

[Today 03:56 PM] Sneaky Poptart: They haven't dropped yet?
    [Today 03:24 PM] BioHazardouz: My nuts
    [Today 01:42 PM] RageRaft: Whats up guys.

When in doubt. Get the f*ck out!

CoDeX is like buttsecks. Some people like him. Most think he is a pain in the ass.

User Info Menu

Thanks NewsBot!

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

Fuck Newsbot! Nah in all seriousness, you think I should turn him off?

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Give him a special section where he doesn't spam the New Posts area. I like seeing what he posts about new shit but the threads INVADE the NPs area.

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

User Info Menu

I can't remove him from new posts lol. Thats why I added a NP side bar. I can remove him from that.

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

Yha and the newsbot is kinda.... slow. hell I found shit almost 2 weeks old he posted........

User Info Menu

Shit, might as well just remove him then, I'll just go on QJ myself. And yeah he is pretty slow, shit I read on the PlayStation Blog, he posts a week later. The NewsBot is the Admiral Ackbar of ConsoleDiscussions. Lol.

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

LMAO I think it gets more posts than johnny does..... and that's saying something bud haha

User Info Menu

Seriously lol.