User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new way to hack (in theory)

A new way to hack (in theory)

User Info Menu

Exclamation A new way to hack (in theory)

Now this may sound incredibly stupid to anyone who knows and/or tried this but it sounds pretty smart in my mind... Ya know about how some games require you to have a certain firmware+? (Yes you do.) Well why cant we use one of our already modded PSPs to use our UMD as our USB Device, take the contents of it off... Then do the impossible (well for me) lol. Now heres the part I would be stuck on: We put the same modules as a regular UMD that forces you to update then replace it with our own and just like FTB2 downloads the update from them. We could have it download from... well.. where ever. -_- I really don't know if this is necessary but we might have to change the file that tells the PSP to display "5.00 m33-6" to say like 6.20 or something. What file/s is that anyway? Only problem is downgrading or going to 5.00-6 cause last time I had GEN-D I couldn't get an OFW on there cause it said it was 9.90. (GAYYY). Ever since I put GENs on my PSP its been fucking up constantly.

So all in all heres my plan: make the contents of a UMD "force" us to upgrade to a CFW that says 6.20 when you go to System Information. Semi-Genius huh? ;) Not only will this put CFW on 3000s it also allows us to bypass those pesky little DNAS filters... =P. Not to mention this will allow the people that steal my idea to make huge profit buying UMDs and selling them to idiots with 3000s/5.50/5.51/6.10/6.20

You Got Fucked Again Sony!
    And kinda me... Plagerizers...
    Last edited by S2h6699; 12-06-2009 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic of HITB
    get... 1) a mini fridge | 2) A toilet installed in your room | 3) a closet full of non-perishable foods | 4) Lyscol ( who needs showers anyway?) | 5) tons of books articles lectures zines etc etc

Dont leave your room...EVER... AND I MEAN EVER
    Damned six line limit! *NERD RAGE*

User Info Menu

Re: A new way to hack (in theory)

What the hell?

User Info Menu

Umm, here's the thing.
    If you ask me, i don't think it matters what firmware your PSP "thinks" it is, if a game requires a higher (official) firmware, then the game wont work until you update the PSP to the required firmware. Therefore, making your PSP think that it is firmware version 6.20 wont work, cuz its system will still be a lower (custom) firmware (e.g. 5.50 GEN)

User Info Menu

One it's illegal. Two I don't think you could write over a umd without fucking it up.
    .:: DO YOUR PART - Remember to press the Report Button for posts that need moderation. ::.
    .::Forum Rules | List of Demands Part II ::.

Rep :<Current>(230) + <Previous>(207)= <Total>(437)
    AdamAndersen aka Pink Floyd
    [12-03, 18:47] taking it in the ass IS...
    [12-03, 18:47] giving sex to another man isn't exactly gay...
    [12-03, 18:45] ill suck your dick if you suck mine. dealio?

Adam Andersen: I give him a hug every night after we make love.

Rigalic Reign: I too had a sexual encounter with a female in kindergarten
    CoDeX: Don't talk about last week.

[Today 03:56 PM] Sneaky Poptart: They haven't dropped yet?
    [Today 03:24 PM] BioHazardouz: My nuts
    [Today 01:42 PM] RageRaft: Whats up guys.

When in doubt. Get the f*ck out!

CoDeX is like buttsecks. Some people like him. Most think he is a pain in the ass.

User Info Menu

I agree with the second part of your post;
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDeX View Post
    ...I don't think you could write over a umd without fucking it up.
    but the first part... ya know, forget about illegality. If you ask me, i think we're supposed to be allowed to do anything we want with our psps, cuz we own 'em!! if Sony releases bullshit firmwares which don't allow us to play games on the memory disk, we've got no choice but to crack/hack/brick our psps. as long as Sony doesn't change his idea, groups/people like HEN and Dark_alex will keep releasing custom firmwares.

i'm rebelling against Sony's (official) firmwares, who's with me?! lol
    No offence, Sony:happy::happy:
    Last edited by Chaser888; 12-12-2009 at 06:13 AM.

DaT N!G9a!

User Info Menu

good idea but theres way more to tricking the system then u think just leave it to da pros kiddo lol and plz clean up the language on ur comment
    its me TOWELIE bytch Only Gangsta Admin Wit Pink. Others Wit Pink Are 9aY

ADD ME ON

360: iTs ToWeLiE

PSN: DaTz_ToWeLiE

The Destroyer

User Info Menu

You know that's not a bad idea. But the only thing is is you'd need a thing to write to the UMD. Because a PSP cant. If it did though this might work.

site n00b

User Info Menu

could you create like, i don't know what to call it, like an emulator or program that lets you get into your umds and rewrite things in them?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raumulin View Post
    could you create like, i don't know what to call it, like an emulator or program that lets you get into your umds and rewrite things in them?
    you mean changing your USB device to UMD then dumping the contents and modifying the iso? just hit select in the XMB

site n00b

User Info Menu

yeah but through that is it possible to change the part of the game that requires an update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast