User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.50 GEN-B Custom Firmware

5.50 GEN-B Custom Firmware

User Info Menu

Warning: 5.50 GEN-B CFW is for PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 ONLY. If you try this on PSP-3000 you will BRICK. For PSP-3000 use THIS.

You MUST have some form of Custom Firmware in order to install 5.50 GEN-B Custom Firmware.

The main reason you may want this is because it requires 5.50 to be able to use the Playstation Store. I had to install it because I wanted more Rock Band music, but it's a good substitution since this Custom Firmware was made by rebuilding M33. Anyway here is the changelog with some new features:

• The bug that prevented disabling the VSH Menu has been resolved.
    • The select button can either start the Recovery (Recovery in VSH), the VSH Menu (default) or do nothing at all (for those who use the remote play between PSP and PS3)
    • Updated network off M33
    • Evangelion Jo can be launched.
    • Pandorisation options are available in the VSH menu and Recovery
    • Option Flash1 Format: adding a check that prevents the Flash1 format if it is in the VSH.
    • 3 new functions in the VSH Menu
    • Shutdown device (turn off)
    • Make Normal Battery (Replace the battery in standard mode)
    • Make Pandora Battery (pandorise battery)

Installation
    If you have Custom Firmware 5.50 Gen-A then skip steps 1-4.
    1.) Download the 5.50 GEN-A file from the attachments.
    2.) Open your PSP up in USB mode.
    3.) Go inside the MS_ROOT folder of the 5.50 GEN-A file your just downloaded and drag all the contents of it to your Memory Stick's Root. If you do not know what the root of your Memory Stick is then read THIS.
    4.) Run the installer.
    5.) Download the 5.50 GEN-B file from the attachments.
    6.) Open your PSP up in USB mode.
    7.) Go inside the MS_ROOT folder of the 5.50 GEN-B file your just downloaded and drag all the contents of it to your Memory Stick's Root.
    8.) Run the installer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rules are HERE. They have been updated as of May 30th 2013 at 5:00 A.M.
    If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

Re: 5.50 GEN-B Custom Firmware

Iv been looking for this. I thought there wouldnt be anymore since dark alex retired.
    +
    It's like M33 then?
    Rep me up+ if I help or you just think im a cool guy.:)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gokickadogx2 View Post
    Iv been looking for this. I thought there wouldnt be anymore since dark alex retired.
    +
    It's like M33 then?
    It was made from the M33 source code. It's exactly like it, but with new features.

If you see a topic that a link is broken, the information is no longer correct, the content has been patched, or a rule is being broken please use the button. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Its not exactly like it because its just compiled slabs of m33 with their own fw and its just mashed together modules, its not the best and doesnt even write to flash0 so if your PSP freezes or you enter sleep mode its gone and you have to do it again. Really sucks but if that didn't happen it would be a good cfw I guess.

thanks for posting incase I ever decide to use it!
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by As Known As View Post
    Its not exactly like it because its just compiled slabs of m33 with their own fw and its just mashed together modules, its not the best and doesnt even write to flash0 so if your PSP freezes or you enter sleep mode its gone and you have to do it again. Really sucks but if that didn't happen it would be a good cfw I guess.

thanks for posting incase I ever decide to use it!
    No... I think I have more knowledge on this than you. GEN is compiled FROM the M33 source code that was released by Dark_Alex and upgraded to 5.50. 5.50 GEN-B is CFW.

IT WRITES TO YOUR FLASH!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post
    No... I think I have more knowledge on this than you. GEN is compiled FROM the M33 source code that was released by Dark_Alex and upgraded to 5.50. 5.50 GEN-B is CFW.

IT WRITES TO YOUR FLASH!
    bingo, and DA released the source code??????

User Info Menu

yo jonny this shit fucked up my psp

Lime in the Chat Box

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hal93 View Post
    yo jonny this shit fucked up my psp
    Well.....you did somthing wrong.

Read everything carefully.
    Rep me up+ if I help or you just think im a cool guy.:)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMcKinney View Post

IT WRITES TO YOUR FLASH!
    Correct it does not properly write to your flash. if you so dearly want to see the files of this so called amazing cfw then I will link you to it, but its not their CFW they barely did much to it. And if it PROPERLY wrote to flash0 it would be there even after you enter recovery mode.
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !

User Info Menu

Dark Alex Sure Made A Lot Of CFW

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast