User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMOKS Tutorial to the baby step basics of MIPS

IMOKS Tutorial to the baby step basics of MIPS

User Info Menu

Re: IMOKS Tutorial to the baby step basics of MIPS

So this explains the registers and basic commands. The next big question all newbies are going to ask is "WTF is this and how the hell do I use it?" That's what you should work on next. Actually explaining what a ROM dump is, what it's uses are, and how YOU use it in coding. Then after that, do an example code, explaining every step in vivid detail as you did this. Then your guide will be the ultimate pwner of everything. You will be hated for creating new hackers, and loved for making the PSP hacker community larger. (I can say all this because I'm a newb. And As being a newb, I know what we want. :D)
    (The Slim PSP Pandora Batteries burning a damn hole in your pockets? Check out my link on how to convert your own. VVVVVVVVVV)
    http://www.consolediscussions.com/fo...andora-t11817/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deathscreton View Post
    So this explains the registers and basic commands. The next big question all newbies are going to ask is "WTF is this and how the hell do I use it?" That's what you should work on next. Actually explaining what a ROM dump is, what it's uses are, and how YOU use it in coding. Then after that, do an example code, explaining every step in vivid detail as you did this. Then your guide will be the ultimate pwner of everything. You will be hated for creating new hackers, and loved for making the PSP hacker community larger. (I can say all this because I'm a newb. And As being a newb, I know what we want. :D)
    I tottally agre with this guy the only coding I can do is in NitePr search
    Add me on FTB3
    SmokeyG101

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyG12 View Post
    I tottally agre with this guy the only coding I can do is in NitePr search
    I use CoderPR now. But either one makes for good DMA coding. Quite easy. I was just interested in MIPS because it seems you can do so much more with it.
    (The Slim PSP Pandora Batteries burning a damn hole in your pockets? Check out my link on how to convert your own. VVVVVVVVVV)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deathscreton View Post
    Yeah well when this was written A LOT of tuts on writing simple routines were popping up all over and this was so you can use it to better understand. Will I ever write a giant ass book about MIPS and coding? Maybe, possibly with a buddy or two who knows.
    11-10-2008!I joined exactly one year before MW2 !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IMIGHTOVERKILL View Post
    Yeah well when this was written A LOT of tuts on writing simple routines were popping up all over and this was so you can use it to better understand. Will I ever write a giant ass book about MIPS and coding? Maybe, possibly with a buddy or two who knows.
    Too bad those routines aren't easily at hand. I understand why this tutorial was written now, not with the intention of teaching people how to code, but just to make it easier, is pretty clear. Forgive me for my earlier outburst. :3 But if you could possibly link to a site that shows how to code PSP using this MIPS thing, then maybe people will flock to it and actually be willing to learn. :D

User Info Menu

Eh people will learn it if they try, it just takes time to figure everything out. His tutorial was good and alot of people can learn from it.
    T3AM Royal L3AD3R

User Info Menu

And I understand that much Silent. But not everything can be done solo. Sometimes you need help. XD

TiGeR.Jatt...

User Info Menu

Yea Silent his tut was good. Anyone and everyone could accomplish everything Mips, C/C++, Perl,etc. anything (even a time-machine [ lol ] ) but who wants to give in time.

Learn as much as you can until you loose interest.
    Mips is a hard language but it could be good to learn for coding or even in the future.
    search my name up on YOUTUBE.
    Im a Punjabi Rapper
    TiGeR JaTT
    Become my FAN on Facebook & Myspace

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TiGeR.Jatt... View Post
    Yea Silent his tut was good. Anyone and everyone could accomplish everything Mips, C/C++, Perl,etc. anything (even a time-machine [ lol ] ) but who wants to give in time.

Learn as much as you can until you loose interest.
    Mips is a hard language but it could be good to learn for coding or even in the future.
    Quite. But if you lose interest, then you obviously wouldn't be good at it anyways. What I was ranting about was that there wasn't enough information to get someone started coding MIPS. When I look at this language, I'm left sitting stuck wondering what the fuck I'm staring at. There are people who have the knowledge to sit down and write about it, but no one is willing to take the time out and give someone a 15 minute guide on how to do this. When IMIGHTOVERKILL posted this thread trying to help others, I'm sure there were plenty of guides around on how to code MIPS, but now, there are none. That or I'm just horrible in searching. Which is may be possible. But either way, it's not helping people in doing things. Besides, having someone to guide you is A LOT easier than trying to follow a textual guide that can't answer your questions. Know what I mean?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12