User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheism

Atheism

User Info Menu

Re: Atheism

im not athiest,but im not chirstian or chatolic,or anything really,i believe in god,just not in the bull shit praying and stuff,thats all =D

Atheism

User Info Menu

fuck all you scientology haters, scientology is the only real religion, xenu is almighty!!!!

Hell, I've been in the church for about 5 years, and I'm already an OT-5!!!

HAIL XENU!!!

(if you can't tell I'm joking then I would recommend you get off this forum)

Atheism

User Info Menu

Religion is a joke

[Today 12:00 AM] -.Z3U5.-: Quit tryig to get me to look at your big fat ass chode spinning around in circles.

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Poptart View Post
    You do know that the big bang theory has been pretty much disproved. Scientists are now looking for another explanation to the origin of mankind. Personally, I am Christian but I can be open to discuss other ideas. I don't mind if another person is a different religion or if they are atheist (I have a few friends who are atheist). It is a matter of their decision and I respect them for it, I only hope to get the same respect in return.
    Trust me, with atheists, you won't get the same respect in return. They know they are correct, and trust me, with all of the evidence presented; they are. This is why religious topics become convoluted flame-wars.
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

My friends respect me and my beliefs. They don't agree with me at all but they respect my choice. I don't want this to become a flame war either but if people keep disrespecting others it will. Any one who does not show respect for another human being is being ignorant and self-righteous. I don't believe in atheists beliefs (non- beliefs) or any other religions beliefs. People were raised a certain way and that is the way they tend to remain. I don't disrespect a Catholic or Jewish person just because their belief is different then mine that would similar to discrimination. All I'm saying is as long as you don't make fun of or belittle anthers belief, there won't be a religion war. If you look at both sides of the argument, they both are kind of off. On one hand there is a supernatural being (higher up) that created everything. On the other hand, there was an explosion created from pressure that created everything in the universe in a split second. They both sound a little ridiculous but we both believe in one or the other, I don't trash atheists just because they don't believe in what I do, so no one should trash me or any other religious person (whatever they believe) just because we don't agree.

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

My friends respect me and my beliefs. They don't agree with me at all but they respect my choice. I don't want this to become a flame war either but if people keep disrespecting others it will. Any one who does not show respect for another human being is being ignorant and self-righteous. I don't believe in atheists beliefs (non- beliefs) or any other religions beliefs. People were raised a certain way and that is the way they tend to remain. I don't disrespect a Catholic or Jewish person just because their belief is different then mine that would similar to discrimination. All I'm saying is as long as you don't make fun of or belittle anthers belief, there won't be a religion war. If you look at both sides of the argument, they both are kind of off. On one hand there is a supernatural being (higher up) that created everything. On the other hand, there was an explosion created from pressure that created everything in the universe in a split second. They both sound a little ridiculous but we both believe in one or the other, I don't trash atheists just because they don't believe in what I do, so no one should trash me or any other religious person (whatever they believe) just because we don't agree.
    Because they're your friends. If you expect a random athiest to show courtesy towards you (Assuming you're trying to force your beliefs on them), you'd best be ready for an iconic verbal bitch slap.

----Added 1/6/2009 at 6:23 PM----

Note: Highlighted red portion;
    Wrong. We call people by what they believe in, not what they don't, even though, you very well could. If I said every Christian was a flying spagetti monster rejectionist, you could assume that it is a title worthy of the such. Because of this, atheists cannot be considered "Big Bang" advocates, because it is not supported by a thorough source that would consider them to be such. It's in the context of what is different, and what is natural to us that shapes our ideals on such a matter. Not all atheists support the big bang. That's why we have scientists who are (hopefully) atheists, working on developing new theories at this very moment, all of which are based on solid, concrete evidence.
    Last edited by Pink Floyd; 06-01-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin
    Adam Andersen likes his women how he likes black people. He doesn't like black people.

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Not all atheists support the big bang. That's why we have scientists who are (hopefully) atheists, working on developing new theories at this very moment, all of which are based on solid, concrete evidence.
    Theories are ideas (guesses) based on what a person thinks. It has to be confirmed by another person to be called a theory, this does not mean that it is concrete evidence. The big bang theory is being slowly disproved today. There is no way to prove that the pressure in two atoms can explode and create a universe. Every scientist (assuming that they believe in the big bang) based their ideas and theories on simulations. There is no solid evidence that that is what would actually happen if two atoms built pressure from nothingness. What was the pressure created by if there was nothing before us? What were the atoms created by?

Saucerful of Secrets

User Info Menu

Theories are ideas (guesses) based on what a person thinks. It has to be confirmed by another person to be called a theory, this does not mean that it is concrete evidence. The big bang theory is being slowly disproved today. There is no way to prove that the pressure in two atoms can explode and create a universe. Every scientist (assuming that they believe in the big bang) based their ideas and theories on simulations. There is no solid evidence that that is what would actually happen if two atoms built pressure from nothingness. What was the pressure created by if there was nothing before us? What were the atoms created by?
    You don't get it. I have a thorough undertaking of the BBT. I'm trying to say, not all atheists believe in the big bang theory.

RED: Theories are developed upon information from other theories, the laws of science, physically indisputable evidence, as well as disputable evidence.

VIOLET: Disproved by who? The same scientists who "all" agree with the big bang (Read section below, blue)

ORANGE: There is no way to prove that they cannot. Plus, these "two atoms" would not be atoms. The "Big Bang" was an explosion of space, not in space.

BLUE: Wrong. Scientists (As stated above) do not all believe in the theory of the big bang. This is why we have many workers of the scientific arena formulating new predictions based on, once again; SOLID EVIDENCE.

GREEN: As stated before, the "big bang" was an explosion OF space. Not IN space. So, with "two atoms exploding in space" being demonstrably wrong. Let's look at the Yellow text, shall we?

YELLOW: Ah, the old "what was before us" question. Professional hypocrisy. What you have to ask yourself is: what created god? You may say....Well....God was always here! I could damn well say...Well....the universe was always here! One giant loophole. You want to know the difference? We can see evidence of the big bang. We can not see god. So unless your bronze age desert god is some disgusting hermaphrodite who locks himself away in the ridiculous kingdom of heaven; afraid of how his cosmetic attributes will affect his "subject's" projection of him, I don't see why else he would do that. Unless he created us just to waste time and oxygen, and then laugh at us as we bow down and get fucked by the long dick of religion and humility. In that case, when a theists asks me "why don't you go to church? Why don't you worship god?" I simply raise my chin and say "piss off, I've got some "sinning to do."

Thank you.
    Last edited by Pink Floyd; 06-02-2009 at 06:27 PM.
    Yeah, idiot.

Led Zeppelin

DEATH METAL

User Info Menu

I understand that not all of them believe in the big bang theory but you said that scientists were creating new theories based on "concrete facts". Atheists might believe in these new theories when they come out but since they are theories, they cannot have been created using concrete facts. They are still theories, ideas, guesses. Nothing can be absolutely proven.

Atheism

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    You don't get it. I have a thorough undertaking of the BBT. I'm trying to say, not all atheists believe in the big bang theory.
    Yeah I didn't even know anything about it really. I have heard of it, I thought it was 4 billion years ago, and I thought it was when 2 stars collided.. I'm in the 8th grade don't blame me for my teachers inability to educate us.
    Every man for himself. You trust no one but yourself, if you want something done you do it your self don't rely on others. You watch your own back, you fight your own fights its you against the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Some phag
    -.BUS.-'s mommy says to Cannon, "I love you,
    I love you, I love you"
    The Cannon on the bus says, "I love you, too"
    All through the town.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast